Do right by your name,
let it stand and take aim
at all the true targets worth
nailing head-on with sharpened speed
and arched vertebrae.
Follow through with your sighting,
visualize the middle path to the center,
grasp the taunt string
and pull back ever so slightly.
Taste the weight of the air
on the arrow’s edge, the feather fletching –
give wings of action to intent,
release worry, forget failure or regret.
Fly without expecting to crash,
for once you launch a piece of your soul,
there are but a billion bulls-eyes
and only one empty hole.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Devoid of calculation fighting this cold shiver the nonplus impulse #micropoetry #poetry 1 year ago
- Early to bloom the fragrant sting mock orange #micropoetry #poetry #nature 1 year ago
- Barren tree limbs frozen in time winter doldrums #micropoetry #poetry #nature #winter 1 year ago
- Clear Creek #nature #inspiration #photography #Oregon #autumn #ClearCreek instagram.com/p/B3rYpSmlnXP7… 2 years ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 170,239 hits
Browse the boughs
- Pacific Northwest
- Pacific Ocean
- weekly photo challenge
- Wordless Wednesday
Breezes I follow
- CABI Blog
- earth sky air
- Positive Side Of The Coin
- Eliza Waters
- Oak and Acorn
- Adrian Evans Photography
- Stuff and what if...
- Out of My Write Mind
- Jean Krueger Fine Art
- In Other Words
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet Gallery
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Storybook