Snowy soft slippers grace my feet
as I perch on the side of the bed, I think,
will I sleep and dream of things beyond me?
In what dimension will my mind rest in this
dilemma, this universal quandary?
Might I travel far in the future
or stay right here snug in my stockings?
Do sounds, people and places seem real
if trapped in a brain which feels?
Seems funny that my head does sense all the time
without my conscious teleprompter
knowing the unconscious next line.
Counting sheep is cliche, I sheer some wool
and sew winter clothing, needle-points
prick my sharp skull, my hands wonder if I sleep at all.
Restless, tireless slumberer trembles loose under the covers,
itchy blankets, scratchy cerebral hide-and-seek monsters
excavate memory and redecorate in shades of white infinity.
Waking up, drool dripping from my lips, eyes crusted over,
hair recklessly amiss, I blink at the alarm clock, toss the pillow
and scream for meaning in this drop-dead world.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Join 12,758 other subscribers
The Ancient Eavesdropper
Ancient Eavesdropper on Twitter
- Devoid of calculation fighting this cold shiver the nonplus impulse #micropoetry #poetry 2 years ago
- Early to bloom the fragrant sting mock orange #micropoetry #poetry #nature 2 years ago
- Barren tree limbs frozen in time winter doldrums #micropoetry #poetry #nature #winter 2 years ago
- Clear Creek #nature #inspiration #photography #Oregon #autumn #ClearCreek instagram.com/p/B3rYpSmlnXP7… 3 years ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 170,684 hits
Browse the boughs
- Pacific Northwest
- Pacific Ocean
- weekly photo challenge
- Wordless Wednesday
- Wordless Wednesday (10/16/19) October 16, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (09/04/19) September 4, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (08/28/19) August 28, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (8/21/19) August 21, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (6/19/19) June 19, 2019
Breezes I follow
- CABI Blog
- earth sky air
- Positive Side Of The Coin
- Eliza Waters
- Oak and Acorn
- Adrian Evans Photography
- Stuff and what if...
- Out of My Write Mind
- Jean Krueger Fine Art
- In Other Words
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet Gallery
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Storybook
Reblogged this on The ancient eavesdropper.
Hmmm. I think a shower and go back to bed for a little while.