The final shards of light
grace the tips of spires,
those old growth beacons in the night.
Reflected glare from snow
dances in our eyes like fuzzy white
ornamental globes, suddenly shattering
from sight as mountains swallow the sun.
Fixed atop the sky lie billions upon billions
of twinkling stars, outnumbering every
multi-colored bulb burning aglow on
the houses and boughs below.
Blankets of smoke pour from sooty chimneys,
dry leaves crunch underfoot,
cords of wood harbor squirrels
storing food for the winter push.
The weight of the world seems lighter
in the company of nature —
no crowded malls or traffic jams,
no buy one now, regret it later.
Where the sidewalk ends, sanity begins.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #botany #Spring #cottonwood #boardwalk @ Shedd, Oregon instagram.com/p/BUdosSVADUf/ 18 hours ago
- Shooting Stars #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #Spring #botany #beautiful #blooms instagram.com/p/BUXQAocA7yb/ 3 days ago
- Siberian Miner's Lettuce (aka Spring beauty) #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #Spring… instagram.com/p/BUXPnFGArf3/ 3 days ago
- #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #Spring #ValentineCreek #pond #trees #clouds… instagram.com/p/BUU4cf2AFAm/ 4 days ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 142,388 hits
Browse the boughs
Treetop tagsanimals architecture art astronomy autumn awareness beauty biology birds blogging botany cats clouds Corvallis creativity culture dogs dreams earth ecology family fitness haiku hiking history horticulture humor insects inspiration inspirational iPhoneography irony life love metaphysical montana moon music NaPoWriMo nature night nighttime ocean Oregon ornithology outdoors Pacific Northwest peace pets photography poems poetry rain reptiles running science seasons sleep spiritual spirituality sports spring summer sun sunset trees turtles water watershed weekly photo challenge winter wisdom Wordless Wednesday wpc writing
Breezes I follow
- Richard M. Ankers
- TANYA CLIFF
- Lost in the Pacific Northwest
- Photos by Donna
- Radhika's Musings
- A Small World Full of Beauty
- Skooter's arty ruminations
- WORDS IN THE LIGHT
- GSC Trail Tails
- uptown jack
- Firefly's Journal
- Sharon Mann Illustrations
- Sue Vincent's Daily Echo
- The Showers of Blessing
- Claudia McGill and Her Art World