Rain splashes against the glass
leaving its face anonymous.
Blurred features, wet mask
to conceal identity –
no one notices anyway.
Humans don’t even remember
the touch of water on their skin,
too busy opening umbrellas,
afraid of unpredictable showers
that smear makeup
and reveal imperfections.
Despite careful steps, their clean
dress shoes are muddied
by puddles they used to jump in.
While we may have time inside
to stare at the rainbow after the storm subsides,
our sense of wonder is lessened for not being part
of the water’s cycle – we are dry non-participants,
rarely soaking in the transitory moments nature gives
that awaken the child in the adult once again.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Douglas spirea #nature #photography… instagram.com/p/Bj3oSwrBwhk/… 1 week ago
- Low clouds in the tall grass #nature… instagram.com/p/Bj3ny13BtIY/… 1 week ago
- I spy #curious #Willow #daughter #family #nature… instagram.com/p/Bj3mt1PB1dC/… 1 week ago
- Nootka rose #nature #photography #inspiration… instagram.com/p/Bj2xSrSBsPP/… 1 week ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 161,116 hits
Browse the boughs
- Pacific Northwest
- Pacific Ocean
- weekly photo challenge
- Wordless Wednesday
Breezes I follow
- Oak and Acorn
- Adrian Evans Photography
- Stuff and what if...
- Out of My Write Mind
- Jean Krueger Fine Art
- In Other Words
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Forty and Everything After
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Author
- TANYA CLIFF
- Lost in the Pacific Northwest
- Photos by Donna