Calm, tranquil solace
grinds the hours into pumice.
Sifting down in dry cascades of sand
rests my weary bones, head forgotten.
Dreams, desires, wishes vanish
into the vastness of air’s nuances.
Clouds creep across my vision,
whites of my eyes meeting them
dead on in oblivious collisions.
Aches and pains are vague perceptions
apart from a cluttered mind,
now a kite cut free of tension,
five senses float, wispy ribbons grace
their placid mast, castaway boat with no pace
or trace of where they crossed paths —
to land or sea or in between,
air, water, earth inseparable textures.
As if to breathe in blindly the elixir
and drown out the roaring thunder,
I blankly wonder what my head
is connected to if not my shoulders.
Something bigger than I has grounded me.
I feel the rest that minutia forgets
before the storm’s passing.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #trees #winter #moon instagram.com/p/Bcvu-2agIuj/ 1 day ago
- Frozen fern fronds #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #botany #winter #ferns @ Bear Branch instagram.com/p/Bcl0yBTggW7/ 5 days ago
- #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #winter #oaksavanna #wetprairie #restoration #trees… instagram.com/p/BciryeNg0wQ/ 6 days ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 153,360 hits
Browse the boughs
- Pacific Northwest
- weekly photo challenge
- Wordless Wednesday
Breezes I follow
- Stuff and what if...
- Out of My Write Mind
- Jean Krueger Fine Art
- In Other Words
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Forty and Everything After
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Author
- TANYA CLIFF
- Lost in the Pacific Northwest
- Photos by Donna
- Radhika's Musings
- A Small World Full of Beauty