During a rainstorm
all is awash
in one fluid motion.
Trees and seaweed,
sand and driftwood
dance together with
each gesture derived
from give and take.
Elements churn and collide
at the confluence of earth,
ocean and sky.
Salty swells tickle the air’s
underbelly and shaky twigs
and leaves tumble toward
beds of bleeding dirt,
Thunder reverberates in fast
successive beats as if testing
for sound quality in the briny deep.
Diagonal sheets streak across
the horizon, dropping pea-sized
hail on black asphalt, rust-colored
mud and foggy windshields
whose wipers squeak like
a mischief of timid mice.
After the rainstorm,
all is awash
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Join 12,758 other subscribers
The Ancient Eavesdropper
Ancient Eavesdropper on Twitter
- Devoid of calculation fighting this cold shiver the nonplus impulse #micropoetry #poetry 2 years ago
- Early to bloom the fragrant sting mock orange #micropoetry #poetry #nature 2 years ago
- Barren tree limbs frozen in time winter doldrums #micropoetry #poetry #nature #winter 2 years ago
- Clear Creek #nature #inspiration #photography #Oregon #autumn #ClearCreek instagram.com/p/B3rYpSmlnXP7… 3 years ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 170,684 hits
Browse the boughs
- Pacific Northwest
- Pacific Ocean
- weekly photo challenge
- Wordless Wednesday
- Wordless Wednesday (10/16/19) October 16, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (09/04/19) September 4, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (08/28/19) August 28, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (8/21/19) August 21, 2019
- Wordless Wednesday (6/19/19) June 19, 2019
Breezes I follow
- CABI Blog
- earth sky air
- Positive Side Of The Coin
- Eliza Waters
- Oak and Acorn
- Adrian Evans Photography
- Stuff and what if...
- Out of My Write Mind
- Jean Krueger Fine Art
- In Other Words
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet Gallery
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Storybook
lovely poem & lovely outlook.Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Orsacora! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Hope you have a great day!
Love those images. ‘Salty swells tickle the air’s underbelly’ : that’s my favourite.
Thank you, Gallivanta! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I certainly had a ‘swell’ time writing it (pardon the horrible pun). Have you any rain yet? Hope you are doing well!
Yes RAIN today. I am about to write a post on the RAIN. I like horrible puns.
Reblogged this on The ancient eavesdropper.
I like ‘dance together with trembling grace’
Thank you, my friend! I’m glad you enjoyed my poem 🙂 Have a wonderful Friday & weekend!
Strongly expressed and thought-provoking.
Thank you, my friend! I’m glad you enjoyed it 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!
We’ll have some of that please…
Thank you for visitng RawPagan. I love your poem. You speak my language of nature. Blessings!
You are most welcome, my friend! It’s my pleasure 🙂 Thank you for following my blog and leaving such a kind and thoughtful comment! I look forward to following your blog as well. We share a common bond of Nature and a love of all creatures great and small 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend! All the best.