Do they see me, the sub-atomic speck?
Elemental to computers, desks,
the ground beneath and at the very core
of being, a pseudo-solid whole, I exist.
Spaces, no matter how small,
occur even in a dense brick wall.
That phone you hold is laden with air,
not from what you shout in
but by the nature of its skeleton,
microscopic plastic gaps form
as frequently as run-on, abstract texts.
Electrons, protons, neutrons ping around
the nucleus, they hardly notice me
because I am part of them; like a cell,
it’s impossible to know every neighboring
strand of DNA and account for each ATP
in your body’s chemistry.
Alas, that shadow you cast has minute,
pin-prick holes that cast shadows over
themselves to mask the mystery before
it can be traced back to yours truly.
Every time you sneeze you lose a bit of me,
but I return in figure-eight fashion,
infinitely passing between asteroid belts,
the moon and your TV —
I’ve your undivided attention,
at the split of every atom
you’re watching unknowingly.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Boughs airbrushing clouds #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #botany #trees #clouds… instagram.com/p/BZKO9Lug52G/ 3 days ago
- Walking among giants #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #botany #trees #redwoods @ Avery… instagram.com/p/BZKOWm-Angn/ 3 days ago
- Altocumulus parade #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #clouds #botany @ Avery City Park instagram.com/p/BZKLhCsAypk/ 3 days ago
- Waiting for rain #nature #photography #inspiration #Oregon #botany #roses @ Avery City Park instagram.com/p/BZKLG-6AgrX/ 3 days ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 149,210 hits
Browse the boughs
Treetop tagsanimals architecture art astronomy autumn awareness beauty biology birds blogging botany cats clouds Corvallis creativity culture dogs dreams earth ecology family fitness haiku hiking history horticulture humor insects inspiration inspirational iPhoneography irony life love metaphysical montana moon music NaPoWriMo nature night nighttime ocean Oregon ornithology outdoors Pacific Northwest peace pets photography poems poetry rain reptiles running science seasons sleep spiritual spirituality sports spring summer sun sunset trees turtles water watershed weekly photo challenge winter wisdom Wordless Wednesday wpc writing
Breezes I follow
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Forty and Everything After
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Author
- TANYA CLIFF
- Lost in the Pacific Northwest
- Photos by Donna
- Radhika's Musings
- A Small World Full of Beauty
- Skooter's arty ruminations
- WORDS IN THE LIGHT
- GSC Trail Tails
- uptown jack