Do they see me, the sub-atomic speck?
Elemental to computers, desks,
the ground beneath and at the very core
of being, a pseudo-solid whole, I exist.
Spaces, no matter how small,
occur even in a dense brick wall.
That phone you hold is laden with air,
not from what you shout in
but by the nature of its skeleton,
microscopic plastic gaps form
as frequently as run-on, abstract texts.
Electrons, protons, neutrons ping around
the nucleus, they hardly notice me
because I am part of them; like a cell,
it’s impossible to know every neighboring
strand of DNA and account for each ATP
in your body’s chemistry.
Alas, that shadow you cast has minute,
pin-prick holes that cast shadows over
themselves to mask the mystery before
it can be traced back to yours truly.
Every time you sneeze you lose a bit of me,
but I return in figure-eight fashion,
infinitely passing between asteroid belts,
the moon and your TV —
I’ve your undivided attention,
at the split of every atom
you’re watching unknowingly.
Respected and Recycled
Copyright© Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper, 2007-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tyler C. Pedersen and The Ancient Eavesdropper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- #nature #clouds #sunset #Oregon #Hillsboro… instagram.com/p/BkMZvucBY8T/… 15 hours ago
- Beautiful evening for a stroll #clouds #sunset… instagram.com/p/BkMZLTVhmBn/… 15 hours ago
- Douglas spirea #nature #photography… instagram.com/p/Bj3oSwrBwhk/… 1 week ago
- Low clouds in the tall grass #nature… instagram.com/p/Bj3ny13BtIY/… 1 week ago
Monthly leaf litter
Charting the canopy
- 161,121 hits
Browse the boughs
- Pacific Northwest
- Pacific Ocean
- weekly photo challenge
- Wordless Wednesday
Breezes I follow
- Oak and Acorn
- Adrian Evans Photography
- Stuff and what if...
- Out of My Write Mind
- Jean Krueger Fine Art
- In Other Words
- The Ink Owl
- I dream of sumac and milkweed (and other wild things)
- Forty and Everything After
- Peerless Cynic
- Robbie's inspiration
- The Bouquet
- The Philosophical Photographer
- Richard M. Ankers - Author
- TANYA CLIFF
- Lost in the Pacific Northwest
- Photos by Donna